A hard challenge anyone?

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Sun Feb 4 10:21:43 EST 2007

On 04/02/07, Jim Ault <JimAultWins at yahoo.com> wrote:

> How are you tracking valid functions that have the same name yet different
> locations?
> If both functions that are named the same are in the path, the first will
> trap a message (most frequent example is the mouseup).  Does this get
> graphed in your app?

 Yes they do. Each handler is given a database type unique key of the style:

   handlerName,handlerType,handlerNumber,handlerObject

The type can be one of command, function, getprop, or setprop (I use the
first letter). The number is for duplicate handlers, and the object is the
control the handler is found in. this record I call an hKey (handler key)
and should be unique. I do not use handlerNum much and for message hierarchy
walks this is set to 1 (it is only really used for checking for duplicate
handlers to see if they are identical.

I bundle these in a single record because it makes it easier to construct
the recursive handlers that do the walking.