Memory Problem?

Peter Reid preid at reid-it.co.uk
Sun Feb 4 06:28:03 EST 2007

Thanks David & Mark.

I think I'll try the buffered binary writing, as suggested by Mark,
to see how that works out.  I've seen how fast Rev can do this kind
of thing before, but not for such large files.  These files are
Retrospect backup catalogues that I'm copying from the primary back-
up area into another area for subsequent copying to tape.  In total,
I have to copy about 85Gb (in about 54 files) from one partition to
another.  Once in the 2nd partition, Retrospect itself copies them to
an Ultrium tape drive for off-site storage.

Thanks again, I'll report back on my progress with the buffered
binary approach.

Regards,

Peter