Receiving data with Sockets when behind a Router

Derek Bump list at dreamscapesoftware.com
Sat Feb 3 01:07:52 EST 2007

So I have an idea to help resolve the issue of port forwarding.  I did
some testing with a friend overseas (Japan) and my computer (USA).  He's
behind a router and I am not, but it's apparent that his router supports
Port Triggering.  I know this because the Port that his computer
supplied to me during the socket connection (that he initiated) was like
324 or 243.

The model of my program is that of a program that acts as a client and
server, and occasionally updates it's information with a central server.
  So could I do this to overcome the Port Forwarding issue:

   1. Client A opens a socket to the Primary Server.

   2. Primary Server stores the IP Address & Port.

   3. Client B gets Client A's IP Address & Port from the Primary Server.

   4. Client B opens a socket to Client A with the IP Address & Port
that it just received.

Would this work?  The reason Client A connects to the Primary Server is
because Client B has no idea what the IP of Client A is, and I want to
eliminate the need for Static IP's and services for such.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/