LIST and RUNREV security

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Fri Feb 2 11:23:59 EST 2007

An alternative would be to use a system similar to what Sourceforge
uses, where the Reply To address is noreply at sourceforge.net in all
emails, and the senders email address is munged noreply@(I think it's
the mail server).sourceforge.net.

Mind you, this is their Forum based system, so it wouldn't behave like
this list.

In any case, for RunRev to have a similar functionality and maintain the
mail list as it is (ie: Not Forum based, so the Reply To would remain as
it is) all they'd need to do is knock out the From field when sending
out the list messages. This sill remove any email address harvesting.

Cheers,

Luis.