Receiving data with Sockets when behind a Router

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Fri Feb 2 00:55:50 EST 2007

Look at IP tunnelling. This allows a computer on a LAN to get a port
or range of ports of various protocols through a router from the
outside world.

All routers will have this.

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/VS-IPTunneling.html

then one can use dynDNS or other service to get the IP when it
inevitably will change.

sqb

--

stephen barncard