Where and how do you store SQL command

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 08:08:13 EST 2007

On 19 Dec 2007, at 12:54, runrev260805 at m-r-d.de wrote:

> My select statement is about 60 lines in size. I created a text
> field and put the sql commands in it. Is there a better way to do
> this?
> Where would you store that statement?

Personally I tend to put really long selects (and AppleScripts) in
text fields on a hidden stack, as it makes it extremely easy to edit
them in the future. Especially with AppleScript this is handy as you
can copy-and-paste between the Rev field and Script Editor, keeping
the syntax colouring from Script Editor.

Many people on the list prefer using custom properties, though.

Ian