Standalone Build Error

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 21:10:59 EST 2007

> I have a 9 MB project with 450 cards. Everything works fine within the
> Revolution application environment.
>
> But when I attempt to save it as a standalone application, I get an error that
> stops the build. This happens about two hours into the build, during "Removing
> development properties..."
>
> The error message looks like this:
>
> ! There was an error while saving the standalone application.
>
> 91,1520,21
> 77,1520,21
> 456,1520,8
> 198,1520,30
> 181,1520,30
> 252,1520,1
> 587,1494,1
> 241,1494,1  RevCopyExternals
> 353,0,0        stack "revSaveAsStandalone" of Stack"/Applications/Revolution
> Enterprise/2.8.1-gm-3/Toolset/revstandalonesettings.rev"
> 573,299,1
> 490,294,1
> 241,294,1  revCreateStandalone
> 353,0,0 stack "RevSaveAsStandalone"
> of stack"/Applications/Revolution Enterprise/2.8.1-gm-3/Toolset/
> revstandalonesettings.rev"
> 573,119,1

The error message translates to "can't find stack". In the standalone
settings, do you refer to any other stack? Is the stack where it
should be? Are you using any externals and if so, do you have them for
all the platforms you are building for.

However, a build time of more than 2 hours seems to indicate that
something is seriously wrong. While I have never tried to compile a
stack with 450 cards, I have built apps with a lot more than 9 MB and
they take less than a minute to build.

Are you using "Search for required inclusions" or do you select the
required inclusions yourself? If you are using the search, I strongly
recommend that you turn it off and see if that helps.

Cheers,
Sarah