blendlevel of stack/window

André.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Tue Dec 18 12:00:26 EST 2007

Hi Peter,
In my doc (dictionnary), I read :

Le 7 déc. 07 à 23:46, Peter Brigham a écrit :

> I'm experimenting with blendlevels, with some success, but it's
> trial and error, like everything. The docs say that a blendlevel of
> 0 is transparent, 100 is opaque,

Here, in the docs of Rev 2.8.1 (Enterprise) it is :

Value:
The blendLevel of an object is an integer between zero and 100.
By default, the blendLevel property of newly created objects is set
to 0.

Comments:
If an object's blendLevel is zero, the object is fully opaque. If the
blendLevel is 100, the object is fully transparent. Values between
zero and 100 indicate levels of partial translucency.

> and this is true for images and other objects (nifty effects!), but
> for stacks it's the opposite -- when I set the blendlevel of a
> stack to 100 it's transparent, and 0 is opaque. I'm fading a splash
> stack into view with a repeat loop in an openstack handler on card
> 1, and I have to go back down from 100 rather than up from 0 as I
> expected for a fade-in. This seems like a bug, no? Mac iBook G4,
> OSX 10.4.1, Studio 2.8.1 build 471.

The following handler (in the script of the splash stack)  works here :

ON openStack
   set the blendlevel of stack "SpashStack" to "0"
   show stack "SpashStack"
   wait 2 sec
   REPEAT while the blendlevel of stack "SpashStack" < 100
     set the blendlevel of stack "SpashStack" to (the blendlevel of
stack "SpashStack" + 1)
     wait FOR 1 ticks
   END repeat
  open stack "mainStack"