My Enterprise has been sold.

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Mon Dec 17 12:59:14 EST 2007

> I hope in the year(s) ahead Rev can finally rethink cost of
> renewal for Studio so I wont have to be priced out of
> ownership like I had been with Enterprise. Just a plea.

What...no reponse from Richard Gaskin? Richard, Im shocked! :-)

A great number of users use Revolution Studio (and as far as I can tell,
also Revolution Media) for professional development - for them, the cost of
a Revolution license is very small or even irrelevant.

If you are a student/instructor, there is the academic route, and the
savings becomes greater the higher up you go (studio, enterprise).

Now what if you are a a hobbyist and you love Studio? Have you been using it
for years? Then I have a suggestion :-)

Figure out a way to offset the cost by doing a small project for someone.
Now and then I know Id love to have a project that could do X, and sometimes
it just doesn't get done because our engineering resources are strapped or
it isnt central to our overall development. Now if you consider your time
worth hundreds of dollars an hour, then the cost of upgrading Studio or
Enterprise is a small proportion of that and you shouldn't have much to
complain about. But if you arent at that point, then maybe getting someone
else to pay your upgrade costs is a possibility.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Proactive International

Mirye Software Publishing - NA Publisher for Runtime Revolution
http://www.mirye.com