Kiosk App to Move Back on Top

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Dec 16 19:57:48 EST 2007

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 14:33:25 -1000, Sivakatirswami wrote:

> My little Kiosk app (Mac OSX) is coming along nicely.. at one point
> we invoke Safari to let the users sign up for web newsletters...
> Safari comes to the front.
>
> Can I have a "send in 10 minutes" that will bring Revolution back up
> as the front most application?
>
> If so, how exactly do we do that?  Infact I want to actually close
> Safari's Top window (so that the next user comes into Safari with a
> default page)   I suppose that will require a touch of applescript.
> (of which I know virtually zero)

Funny you should ask that! I was just doing that very same thing
myself. Here you go:

-- put this somewhere
send "ActivateMe" to me in 10 minutes

on ActivateMe
   put "MyKioskApp" into myAppName  -- note no ".app"
   put "tell application" && quote & myAppName & quote & cr & \
     "activate" & cr & "end tell" into tScript
   do tScript as AppleScript
end ActivateMe

HTH,

Ken Ray