Quartam and Galaxy on Linux

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 15 03:07:00 EST 2007

OK, one can live with this given authoritative reports of someone running it
happily on Ubuntu.

What about Quartam, which does have a trial version?  Am I doing something
completely idiotic, that I cannot get it to unpack for a trial on Linux?
Trying to unzip the installer leads to a message that its not a valid
archive.  Has anyone actually run this, and how did they do it?

I've a real need for something like this, and the remark about awk was not a
joke.  I really am going to have to rewrite a huge spreadsheet into something
else, for performance reasons, and awk is the thing that offers itself since
I don't know Perl.

Quartam seems a lot more fun, if I can get it to run.

Peter