MS speech recognition

jgrubb75 at cybertrails.com jgrubb75 at cybertrails.com
Fri Dec 14 15:35:53 EST 2007

Hi,

I've been working with the text to speech capabilities of Rev. Now I want
to get into speech to text. Rev has nothing intrinsic that can help me
with that.

I started studying up on the MS SAPI. I was able to write a few short
programs in VB 6 using the ActiveX voice controls.

I know nothing about dlls other than to stay away from them. But I was
wondering if a dll could contain the functions in the controls, which
could then be accessed from a rev program.

I read Chipp's discussion about dlls and VB script. It's a bit over my
head, though I got the sense that there has to be some way to access SAPI
for a rev program. But I'm a real novice here.

Any ideas? I'd be willing to pay for a prototype using essential SAPI
functions, such as getting input, outputting to a field, loading and
unloading custom grammars, setting pause time, etc. I'm especially
interested in voice commands.

Thanks.

John