Menubar on Windows???

Ron runrevron at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 03:18:10 EST 2007

I'm joining this discussion a little late, it looks like everything
has been said but a short time ago I posted a question about multiple
menubars on windows too and got a different conclusion.

In my case, there are 2 or 3 menubars on each window. However, each
is for a different language so only one is displayed at a time,
depending on the user's language setting. This cannot be changed
while running the app so there is only one menubar and it stays the
same. So, I agree with the don't change menubars while the app is
running.

However, when I tried to manipulate the menus, enable/disable, and
respond to accelerator keys, the proper menubar did not always get
the command. I tried changing the layering but still had problems.
When I set the menubar to Japanesemenu or Englishmenu then the
problem went away. This is on Windows, not Mac and that is why I
wrote my question. Setting the menubar is only a Mac command but it
seemed to make a difference on the Windows platform when 2 menubars
were present on the same window. I would love it if someone confirmed
or explained this to me.

Thanks
Ron