Getting vScroll movement of a field scrollbar

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Dec 11 10:02:08 EST 2007

Hi Jim,

May be I don't understand the problem ;-)
But:

I created a scrolling field, added a button overlaying the field and
grouped both with group margins = zero.
Then I locked the group: this makes the button disappear appropriately.

In the script of the field:

on scrollbardrag pPos
   set the top of btn "Test" to <value> - pPos
end scrollbardrag

<value> is the top of the button when field's vScroll = zero.

In the script of the card:

on preOpenCard
   send "scrollbardrag" && the vScroll of fld "ScrollingField" to fld
"ScrollingField"
end preOpenCard

Actually this works for me in any case and I don't mind any initial
position :-)
What did I miss?

Le 11 déc. 07 à 00:05, James Hurley a écrit :

> I have a field with button superimposed on the text.
>
> I would like the buttons to scroll with the field.
>
> I set the field script to:
>
> local tStart
>
> on mouseDown
>    put the vScroll of me into tStart
> end mouseDown
>

> on scrollbarDrag newValue
>   put tStart & comma &  newValue into msg box
> end scrollbarDrag
>
> The idea was to get the vertical movement of the scrollbar and move
> the buttons accordingly.
>
> But the field's scrollbar does not appear to get the  mouseDown
> message and so I don't get the  tStart variable
>
> How do I get the initial position  of the scrollbar?
>
> Jim Hurley

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.