Packages

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Sun Dec 9 11:45:06 EST 2007

Finally, here is my attempt at a workaround:

function isPackage pFolder
     -- first check for presence of PkgInfo
     if char -1 of pFolder is "/" then delete char -1 of pFolder
     if there is a file (pFolder & "/Contents/PkgInfo") then return true

     -- if still here, then check suffix
     put "bundle,app,pages,numbers,key,band,rtfd" into suffixList --
this needs filling out!
     repeat with n = length(pFolder) down to 1
         if char n of pFolder is "." then
             delete char 1 to n of pFolder
             exit repeat
         end if
     end repeat
     if pFolder is among the items of suffixList then return true

     -- would check the bundle bit, but don't know how!

     return false
end isPackage

function thePackages -- works like 'the files/folders' ie. you have
to set the directory, but call with get thePackages()
     put the folders into foList
     repeat for each line L in foList
         if isPackage(L) then put L & cr after tList
     end repeat
     return char 1 to -2 of tList
end thePackages

Best,