Packages (was: copy large files in Rev on Mac)

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Sat Dec 8 13:55:11 EST 2007

Having poked around the web (apple's developer site, and various non-
apple programming sites), it seems that neither the file-extension,
the bundle-bit (which is found in the file-system's db, as far as I
can undrstand) nor the presence of a /contents/pkgInfo etc,  provide
a completely reliable guide to the 'packageness' of a directory.
Hence the OS's multiplicity of methods for determining it, and why I
suspect a pure transcript solution may not be possible.

Using the bash 'ls' command with the '-F' option (to put a "/" at the
end of each item that's a directory) lists any package as a
directory, so is consistent with Rev's 'the files'.

Best,

Mark