copy large files in Rev on Mac

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Dec 7 05:15:16 EST 2007

On Dec 6, 2007 3:32 PM, Trevor DeVore <lists at mangomultimedia.com> wrote:

> Chipp,
>
> I think I may have missed something earlier in this thread. Why do you
> think that OS X doesn't have an API for copying bundles (really
> folders)? I just did a quick search in XCode and saw FSCopyObjectSync.
> It takes a pointer to the source object to copy. The object can be a
> file or a directory so it doesn't matter if you pass a file or a folder.

Trevor,

Earlier I asked if Apple had such an api, and Klaus answered, "I'm afraid
not :-/"

So, I just assumed they didn't have one. That's the confusion. If they have
one, it seems Rev should be able to implement it.

Ian, sorry, don't use revCopyfile, and especially not revDeleteFile as I
once passed it a empty string and it deleted the contents of my hard drive!

I prefer the "put URL into URL" syntax.