LibURLftpCommand error when port is specified

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Thu Dec 6 11:41:23 EST 2007

On 6 Dec 2007, at 14:52, Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com wrote:
>  Now, I need to be
> further enlightened on the proper use of the command. I have setup a
> callback field. When I issue a LIST command, all that I get back is
> the
> response "150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
> ", but not the
> actual list. Is this going into another variable somewhere?

Sorry, Roger. You're going to be disappointed.

The LIST command requires that a separate socket be opened for
receiving the data. This is the nature of FTP. Commands and their
commands (generally speaking) goes over a "data transfer socket". The
results from a LIST command are considered data.

libUrlFtpCommand only deals with communication over the command socket.

However, if you just want to issue the LIST command, using "get url"
with a url that ends in a forward slash (i.e. pointing to a
directory, not a file) will do it for you.

Cheers
Dave