copy large files in Rev on Mac

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Dec 6 05:01:09 EST 2007

Hi Chipp,

> On Dec 6, 2007 2:24 AM, Klaus Major <klaus at major-k.de> wrote:
>
>> Right now this is extremely mentally challenging, see bug # 5549 :-)
>> answer file "yadda"
>> ## you can select a bundle file here!
>> ## Obviously this dialog is provided by the Mac OS
>> put there is a file it
>> ## -> FALSE!
>> ## Big fun...
>>
>> AND bundle files do not appear when you "get the files" since they
>> are in fact folders.
>> Please hand me the "Prozac" :-)
>>

> Hmmm. Then there's no native api that Rev can hook into?

I'm afraid not :-/

And Mark Waddingham insists on the fact that these "files" are folders,
which one can't deny unfortunately. See his comment on bug 5549.

So we will have to parse "the folders", too, if we want to provide
these non-files
in a list or whatever to the user of our software.

> Seems like the same guys who programmed QuickTime SMIL support got
> involved in creating the filesytem too ;-)

Yep, looks like :-)

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de