copy large files in Rev on Mac

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Dec 6 03:24:15 EST 2007

Hi Chipp,

> so, how exactly do you copy a folder full of files when some of
> them are
> folders? Let's say I want to copy only the files in folder "temp",
> and NOT
> the other folders
>
> In windows I do:
>
> set the defaultfolder to "temp"
> get the files
> repeat for each line L in it
>   put URL ("binfile:" & L) into URL ("binfile:" & myNewPath)
> end repeat
>
> How much more difficult is it on Mac?..assuming you also have to copy
> creator codes  too.

on the mac I use -> shell("ditto...") to let the OS handle the files
AND bundles
including resources and all Mac specifi stuff.

Right now this is extremely mentally challenging, see bug # 5549 :-)
answer file "yadda"
## you can select a bundle file here!
## Obviously this dialog is provided by the Mac OS
put there is a file it
## -> FALSE!
## Big fun...

AND bundle files do not appear when you "get the files" since they
are in fact folders.
Please hand me the "Prozac" :-)

Regards

Klaus Major