Making Progess with Rev

Randy Hengst iowahengst at mac.com
Mon Dec 3 20:26:41 EST 2007

Len, Mark, and Björnke

Thank you for the feedback.

I apologize for the fiasco with the website. I had updated it from
work and obviously messed it up.

I've now loaded the programs again and double-checked the Mac
versions which now seem to work as expected. I don't have access to a
PC at home, so I can't check them -- other than they do download as
expected.

So, as your time allows, please give it another shot at  http://
homepage.mac.com/iowahengst

Len, a puzzle I made of the contiguous US, I included a "hint" button
that would show the outlines of the states. I'll do something along
those lines for regions version. I also plan to create a puzzle for
each of the 5 regions as organized in my son's social studies text.
When completed, the opening screen will be a US map with each region
shaded. The user will click the region to practice. So, it will be
more obvious that the puzzle is for only one region.

I like your idea to add the star for the capital name in the matching
game. My context for this specific version was my son's needs. He
knew the names of the states, but not the postal abbreviations or
capitals. So, he recognized that the capital name wasn't a state when
he began.

I've never messed with revBrowser. I'll play with some ideas for
including links.

Let me know how your 5th grader did.

take care,
randy