Making Progess with Rev

Len Morgan len-morgan at crcom.net
Mon Dec 3 17:44:27 EST 2007

Randy,

I tried to use the "Send me a message" button on the web site you list
but it's not working.  So I'll comment here.

I liked the program but was probably exceptionally dense at the time.
The first state that came up was Kentucky and I could not for the life
of me place it correctly.  I KNOW where its supposed to go but I was
using the "blank" map and thinking it was the whole US so I was putting
it in the middle.  Well, of course, I was only looking at 1/4 of the US
and once I got that through my head, I got it right on the first shot.
Perhaps a small map in the upper corner showing the 1/4 I'm working with
highlighted would have helped.  Maybe an elementary student would have
made the mental leap that I couldn't.

When I was playing the "Match" game, it didn't occur to me that you were
also displaying capitals (I DID know they were cities).  It might be
nice (and helpful) if you could put a little star next to the name (like
you do on the finished map to indicate that it's a capital city.

If you really wanted to expand the possibilities with this program as a
learning tool, you might be able to use the revBrowser and have a link
for each state and capital to a web page or Google search about that
state/capital.

Thanks for the chance to try this out.  I'm going see if my 5th grader
does any better than I did.

Len Morgan