Setting paths to Externals in revolution

paolo mazza paolo.mazza at neol.it
Mon Dec 3 07:20:39 EST 2007

Dear Revs,
as you know if I select new externals  from the Rev Inspector, Revolution
gets the absolute path... so if I move the application to another computer
it will not work .  The standalone application needs a relative path for
the externals.

Referring to the solution presented  by Trevor Devore and  Ken Ray  at the
page:

http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/tips/ext003.htm

I tryed a simpler solution. The following script (ONLY FOR MACOSX) will
upload all the externals placed in the Externals folder of the bundle
standalone application.  As far as I know  it works fine . Why I have to
create a stack "myExternals" ?  Am I going to face some problems using
this simple script at sturtUp of the application?

Best regards, Paolo Mazza

local NAMEAPP,LISTEXTERNALS

on startup
  put empty into LISTEXTERNALS
  if the environment is not "development" then
    put the effective filename of this stack into INDIRIZZO
    set itemdelimiter to "/"
    put last item of INDIRIZZO into NAMEAPP
     --- get the names of the external placed in the externafolder of the
standalone
    put the defaultfolder into FOLDER1
    put the defaultfolder & "/" & NAMEAPP &
".app/Contents/MacOS/Externals/" into NOMECARTELLA
    put NOMECARTELLA into field "cartella"
    set the defaultfolder to NOMECARTELLA
    put the folders into LISTAFILES
    filter LISTAFILES without "[.]*"
    set the defaultfolder to FOLDER1
     repeat for each line NAMEXTERNAL in LISTAFILES
      UPLOADEXT NAMEXTERNAL
    end repeat
    set the externals of this stack to LISTEXTERNALS
  end if
end startup

on UPLOADEXT NAMEXTERNAL
  put NAMEAPP & ".app/Contents/MacOS/Externals/" & NAMEXTERNAL & return
after LISTEXTERNALS
end UPLOADEXT

Paolo Mazza
NEOL SRL
Società partecipata da Università di Padova
via N. Tommaseo 84
35131 - Padova (Italy)
Tel 049- 2050147 - Fax 049-7964386
www.neol.it