snapshot of qt movie will always show the first frame!?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Aug 30 04:56:40 EDT 2007

Hi all,

> Hi friends,
>
> strange phenomenon on OS X, Rev 2.8.1.
>
> If I export a snapshot from the area of a quicktime movie this will
> always
> result in an image of the FIRST frame of that movie!!!???
>
> No matter if the alwaysbuffer of the player is true or false or
> what frame is currently
> being displayed on the card.
>
> Could someone please check this, before I file (another) bug report?
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Taking a snapshot from the finder does work as exspected.

maybe this is somehow related to bug# 5187 "Crash when getting a
snapshot of a QT player frame"?

Tested this on other Macs and found that sometimes there is no
snapshot being imported at all,
but at least we did not experience a crash.

Anyway, this will demand severaly days of working around this if
possible, since in our current and
big project we use this feature a lot :-/

Regards

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
http://www.major-k.de