Can't delete virus file with Revolution

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Tue Aug 28 16:14:00 EDT 2007

Mark Schonewille <m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com> wrote:

> Why don't you simply tell windows to show invisible files and folders?

Thanks, this however was already set in my folder options, but
nevertheless folder "installer" and its subfolders and files remained
invisible.

What was additionally necessary was to deactivate the checkbox in folder
options "hide protected system files".
Now the hidden folders and files are displayed and I can remove the
Windows file protection.

I have put the presumably infected file "NewShortcut1.exe" temporarily
into the trash bin and will now run a new scan to see what happens.

Matthias wrote:

> The following link contains information about manually removing the virus.
>

> http://www.spywaredb.com/remove-nmap-win-1-2-12/
>

> All the best
>
> Matthias

And thanks for that link. A first search for files that are listed in
that link as connected with the NMap virus came up with no results. I
will continue the search, but maybe it could also be possible that file
"NewShortcut1.exe" is a non-infected regular file which was mistakenly
indicated as infected by the virus scanner?

Best regards,

Wilhelm Sanke