question about saveStackRequest

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Aug 25 21:08:06 EDT 2007

Richard Gaskin wrote:

>   if not gREVSuppressMessages or (gREVSuppressMessages and
> revOKTarget()) then pass saveStackRequest
>   else pass saveStackRequest to metaCard
> end saveStackRequest
>

> So it seems the passing of the native message is conditional.  I didn't
> dig through the code to try to determine how that condition gets met,
> but hopefully this will get you started.

It's conditional, but looks like it is behaving correctly. The condition
is basically to always pass the message unless the user has specifically
turned off messaging via the toolbar icon. The message will also be
passed regardless of the toolbar setting if the target stack is in the
IDE (I think; have to look up targetOK.) If messaging *is* turned off
and the target stack is a user stack, then the command is sent directly
to the engine, bypassing the stack (appropriately.)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com