FTPing a Rev OSX app

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Sat Aug 25 16:20:53 EDT 2007

I'm sure this has been talked about before, but I can't seem to put
my finger on the answer.

I need to download via ftp (via RunRev code) a Mac Rev app off our
remote server (a Mac Mini server) as part of an automatic file
updating process when our Rev application starts up. What's the best
way to do that, given the package structure of OSX apps? Clearly, an
OSX Rev app cannot be treated the same as a Windows Rev exe. I
thought it would be adequate to simply treat the .app as a folder and
go into the Contents folder (when viewing the Package Contents), then
inside the MacOS folder, then update only the actual UNIX executable
file in there, but this doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Richard Miller