How to copy-paste text from one field to another, changing Font and Size

André.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Fri Aug 24 08:16:41 EDT 2007

I have a stack 1, including a field (field1) with lines of text.
The textFont of this field is « verdana »
The textSize of this field is « 10 »

and a stack 2 including an empty field (field2)
The textFont of this field is « Times »
The textSize of this field is « 12 »

I want to copy such line of field 1 in order to paste it in field 2

If I proceed manually (using the Edit menu or ctrl C and ctrl V) all
is running as expected :
the copied line of field 1 (in Verdana 10) is paste in Times 12 in
field 2.

But  when scripting, if, in stack 1, I
-       put such line of field 1 in lVar
-       set the clipBoardData[« text »] to lVar
-       go to stack 2
-        click a button whose mouseUp’ script is « paste »

then, the text is pasted in Verdana (it keeps the font of field 1) :-((
and more surprising, the textSize is 12 (the textSize expected, those
of field 2).

What am I doing wrong ?

By the way, is it possible to change Font, size, style etc. of text
in the clipBoard ?

Thanks a lot for any help

Best regards from Grenoble
André