Windows firewall issues and Rev

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Sat Aug 18 09:38:34 EDT 2007

I'm running into a problem with a certain number of users where our
Rev software is being blocked from operating by Windows Firewall. I
don't really understand what is going on, so maybe a few questions
will help. To my knowledge, these users don't have the Firewall
configured any differently than other users of our program who are
not running into a blocking problem.

I've noticed that, when I look at the Exceptions area in Windows
Firewall, it lists the Rev engine in there. I decided to delete that
exception. Yet, when I open Rev to start programming, it opens
fine... nothing gets blocked yet. Two questions:

1. What would I need to do in Rev to cause the Firewall to kick into
action?

2. Does Rev automatically adjust Windows Firewall during installation
to create an exception? I don't remember ever telling Windows to not
block Rev.

Thanks.
Richard Miller