[OT] Energy Efficient Search Engine

Jeff Reynolds jeff at siphonophore.com
Fri Aug 17 13:55:14 EDT 2007

Ken,

no we did not track any learning/reading disorders with the study
from what i remember, but the group was normalized so that we were
getting an 'average' group of kids.

LOL, i am both dyslexic and have taken speed reading (the speed
reading actually masked my being diagnosed as dyslexic for quite a
while), but the light on dark does not work for me! I would doubt
that dyslexia would play into this much, it seems to root from a
deeper base difference in brain logic (more symbolic and less
linguistic), but ive not kept up much on the subject.

I think the most interesting fact is that the reading speed/
comprehension/retention curves were shifted lower with the light on
dark which indicated that it was affecting ALOT of the group, not
just a few badly.

Also you may not realize you are being slowed down or have a lower
comprehension! we got very different results when we just asked which
looked better or felt better! those results were all over the map!
Thats why we spent the money to do the study. While it was not quite
at the level study to get published, it was done well and to a level
to draw conclusions from for our practical uses. There was some
published work on this, but studies varied in their scope and
questions asked. most early studies pointed to dark on light being
much better. some later studies showed little difference, but there
was a lot of debate and and a lot of potential variables to control
for, thus we did the study to look at our use in our target population.

cheers,

jeff

On Aug 17, 2007, at 1:00 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com