Recording sounds -- delay in starting?

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Tue Aug 7 17:48:53 EDT 2007

I guess it's the buffer starting up first before recording. It would
have to be constantly running for it to be able to start instantly.
Some dedicated audio apps can 'pre listen' the audio stream
constantly and avoid missed cues. Rev audio is not that
sophisticated.  Buffer latency would be a nice property to have.

The delay is a bit annoying. I made a stack that uses a prompt for
the voice over reader to wait until it turns red and "record" for a
cue. It works quite well. Let the app cue you when to transfer or
speak, not the other way around.

--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o