Windows Exe Crashes

Tracy Riegle tracy at pacyber.com
Mon Aug 6 17:17:26 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I'm new to this list, so please forgive me if I ask a question that
has already been answered (although I searched the archive
and couldn't find an answer).

I'm using Rev 2.8.1 build 472.  I have a stack with about two dozen
cards, with each card having a large image on it, and several other
controls (some of which are shared among all card).

The project runs find within the IDE.  If I build a Standalone for a
Mac, it also runs just fine.  If I build a Standalone for Windows
it crashed with:

NAME 1.0.0.0 for Windows has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I get NO other windows at all, just this small error pop-up, like
it isn't even trying to start.

I tried building for Windows from a Mac and Win XP machine.
I tried commenting ALL the startup scripts so NO code script gets
executed at startup.  It still crashes.

I tried deleting cards to see if I had a bad image on an offending card.
The only way I finally got it to run was if I delete over 1/2 the cards
and get the stack size down from about 6 Meg to less than 3 Meg
(it makes NO difference which cards I delete to decrease the size).

Once I got the stack down to less than 3 Megs, then the Standalone
runs on Windows???

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be going wrong?

Thanks in advance.

-Tracy