save data in custom properties in a stack- or a text file?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Aug 2 11:28:43 EDT 2007

Eric Chatonet wrote:
> Hi Jacque,
>
> Le 2 août 07 à 05:24, J. Landman Gay a écrit :
>
>> You can put info in custom properties and password-protect the stack,
>> which makes the properties unreadable and encrypted.
>
> Unfortunately (and this would be a nice to have), custom properties can
> be accessed as usual in a password protected stack.
> But it's still possible to encrypt custom props and protect by password
> the code able to decipher them :-)

True. But I was thinking about the file as it is stored on the server.
If someone were to access the file and didn't have Rev to open it, they
would have to look at it in a text editor or similar. In that case, none
of the custom properties are readable if it is a password-protected
stack. It's a crude type of protection, I admit, but it discourages
casual attempts.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com