Close field anomaly

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Apr 30 22:31:32 EDT 2007

On 4/30/07, Mark Smith <mark at maseurope.net> wrote:
> At a guess, I'd think it's because when you click in fld 2, you close
> fld1, selecting it's text (re-opening it), thereby preventing you
> from selecting fld 2...ie. once fld 1 is selected, selecting anything
> else will cause fld 1 to be re-selected...

Nope, I don't think so. Once fld 1 is selected, selecting anything
else shouldn't cause another closeField message sent to fld 1.
Remember, closeField is sent ONLY to a field where there has been a
change. I can understand it flagging the first time, but after that I
suppose the closeField has been reset, non?

I'm trying to create a validation script which fires when the field is
closed. Based upon this bug and the one I just mentioned on this list,
I'm not sure how to accommodate field validation anymore-- using the
closeField message.