3 button mice with Macs.

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Apr 30 15:14:32 EDT 2007

Richmond wrote:
> Frankly, I know that Richard Gaskin always has his
> peripherals set up perfectly:

Actually, as I noted in my post, at first I didn't. When I first got my
Logitech mouse I ignored the docs -- and crashed as a result.  Only then
did I get around to RTFM.

> HOWEVER, Tiemo, when you
> are designing your software you should be designing it
> for people like me (i.e. those who are so slow they
> have badly configured mice) rather than people like
> Richard Gaskin.

While I would ordinarily encourage doing everything possible to support
the widest possible audience, I don't see much upside in trying to
provide workarounds for improperly-installed third-party devices.  There
are too many of them, and too many ways people can install them incorrectly.

In the case of QT support, checking whether it's installed is a
one-linter, recommended for apps that rely on QT:

   if the qtVersion = 0 then

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal