anyone used Rev to write Windows file comments or other metadata?

Phil Jimmieson p.jimmieson at csc.liv.ac.uk
Mon Apr 30 07:36:06 EDT 2007

My Rev app writes documents that only it can open, and I was trying to
think of a way of indicating what's inside a document (can't change the
name unfortunately) when I spotted the Windows file comment field
(among others), which shows up in a tooltip in Windows equivalent of
the Mac's Finder. Basically if you get a file's properties, and click
the summary tab, you get a set of fields - metadata about a file, which
you can edit. I'd like to do this from within Rev.

I've had a look in the registry and can't see the comment etc. there,
so I'm assuming it must be stored in some other structure. Has anyone
tried to modify or create a file's comment using Rev, or know where the
information is stored and have any idea how to access it?

--
Phil Jimmieson
The University of Liverpool, Computer Science Dept, Ashton Bldg,