Rev & Vista

Marty Knapp martyknapp at comcast.net
Sat Apr 28 15:25:52 EDT 2007

I have a application that I save as both Mac and Windows standalones.
I'm a Mac user, though I have an older, cheap E-Machines PC. With the
introduction of Vista, I'm wondering about compatibility. I don't have
Vista, and don't really want to install it on my low-level PC. So I
don't know if the following handlers will work with Vista. The
Standalones are currently being built from Rev 2.6.1. I don't know if
I'm really out of the loop, but I don't know anybody that's currently
running Vista, or I'd check with them.

So here are my questions:

1) Are there any known problems, in general, with a Rev 2.6.1 standalone
running in Vista?
2) On Vista, what does Rev return with "the platform" function?
3) Is there a difference in what "specialFolderPath" returns between XP
& Vista?
4) Are there differences between the various versions of Vista that I
should know about?

Here's a couple of handlers that I use, that I'm particularly wondering
about with regard to Vista:

#store user data--
function docPath
  if the platform contains "Win" then
    return specialFolderPath("Documents") & "/MyApplicationData"
  else if the platform contains "MacOS" then
    return specialFolderPath("docs") & "/MyApplicationData"
  end if
end docPath

#store registration info--
function appSupportPath
  if the platform contains "Win" then
    return specialFolderPath("35") & "/registration.txt"
  else if the platform contains "MacOS" then
    return specialFolderPath("asup") & "/.registration.txt"
  end if
end appSupportPath

(the later function gets the application support folder)

Thanks for any help,
Marty Knapp