Printer to print UPC barcodes

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 17:25:16 EDT 2007

On 4/28/07, RGould8 at aol.com <RGould8 at aol.com> wrote:
> Say, I'm looking for a means of creating an app that will allow me to print
> UPC barcode labels.   I was digging around and found this printer:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009KRY6Y
>
> But I have no idea if I can control it from Rev.   Anyone on this list have
> any experience with using Rev to print barcodes?

I use a barcode font, then you can print barcodes on any printer. You
have to generate the barcode text - the methods for doing this will
vary from code to code, but if you want to see how I did it for Code
128, there is a stack on my web site
<http://www.troz.net/Rev/misc.php>. Then just display that text in the
barcode font and you can print it just like any other text.

I use a Dymo Label printer and a standard laser printer.

HTH,
Sarah