Non-Motif Linux Interface? - SOLVED!

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Fri Apr 27 03:04:10 EDT 2007

Ken,

Thanks for the additional pointers. Here's what I had to do to get things to
work:

1) I updated the revolution.sh script with the path to my Rev installation
2) I verified that all the files existed
3) When I double-clicked it and selected "run" (Ubuntu asks you if you want
to display the file, run in terminal, etc.), nothing happened.
4) I opened a terminal window and ran the shell file directly. I saw that I
got the error, "bad fd" line 11
5) I modified the shell script and got rid of the >& /dev/null part
6) I ran it again (from terminal) and Revolution launched. This time with
Ubuntu-style controls.

Seems like a lot of work; I guess this is why Linux is still not taking over
the desktop, eh? Now, how do I fix this kind of thing for my standalone
apps?

news:20070427000402966654.5f8e6b1b at sonsothunder.com...