version 7.2 vs 8.0

TEKNE informatica & comunicazione tekne at gruppoparentesi.it
Thu Apr 26 09:22:35 EDT 2007

Hi,
In November 2006 I appreciated the quality project and the Introducing Bill
Marriott with the plan on the 2.7.5 free update.
My enthusiasm was not only about the free update but it was mainly focused
on the quality concept (for example I have bought the RR Studio for Linux
and the RR Enterprise but after several months I didn¹t still have the 2.7.x
Linux version)
After six months I don¹t find a bug free update or a linux update but at
least I expected that the intense job takes to many steps ahead.
So after the announcement of the 2.8.0 final release with vista support I
have decided to upgrade my enterprise licence to 2.8.0 in order to test my
applications under vista.
But after the installation I find several serious bugs.
... answer dialogs appeare in wrong formats .... (both in IDE and Standalone
environment)
... ask dialog with password doesn¹t work ...
... the dimension of a configuration rev file (password protected)
inexplicably and occasionally grows from 3k to 100000K and more.

I think these problems depend from the 2.8.0 installation, so I try to
install again the upgrade both Windows and Mac platform, but ... these are.
Finally I throw in the basket the 2.8.0-gm-4 (the Mac manage versions
doesn¹t work ) and I return to work ...
Perhaps it was better to call the 2.8.0-gm-4 final version 2.8.0-dp4 beta
version.
--
Riccardo Linzitto
TEKNE informatica & comunicazione