line endings on OS X

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed Apr 25 15:52:50 EDT 2007

Mark Smith wrote:
> Bernard, I do agree that it might be more fully documented, though once
> you've figured it out it's not exactly a burden.
>
> "write to file" does the same thing as URL "file:", so you can do "open
> file somefile for binary write", just as you can do URL "binfile:"
>
> Best,
>
> Mark

I have dozens of tools and widgets that are getting text from the web,
getting files
that were saved with interarchy or BBEdit... downloading files with HTTP
inside Rev, uploading  them again via FTP etc... I never really know
what kind
  of line endings I've got at any point in time...

I found it simple just to make this
"ubiquitous" thru all  handlers and functions

   replace numToChar(13) with numToChar(10) in tTemplate
   put tTemplate into url ("binfile:" & ( the theTAKAPath of me &
"index.shtml"))

and I never have to think about it again...

Sivakatirswami
www.himalayanacademy.com