Non-Motif Linux Interface?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Apr 24 15:52:51 EDT 2007

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 19:27:55 +0100, Peter wrote:

> On my installation Rev IDE does change with the WM and with the WM
> theme.  To see the way it works, I started up Rev, brought up the
> gnome theme manager, and changed themes.   Rev changes - the color,
> and also the decoration of the title bar.  It also changes in KDE, so
> if you want it in purple, its the Sun theme.  And in another WM, like
> Windowmaker, it will take on that coloring and so on. This was with
> the appearance set to default.
>
> I haven't tried if this happens with standalones.  But are you
> finding that when you do this in KDE with the IDE open, all the other
> apps change their colors and icons, but Rev doesn't?  Does seem odd.

No, it's not the colors and titlebar decorations that I'm talking about
- those change - it's the internal controls (buttons, fields, menus,
etc.). I've been working on RevZilla 2.1 (which is almost ready to be
released, btw), and Mark and I were testing it under Kubuntu. Here's a
page that shows the difference between his system and mine - perhaps
you can answer why mine looks Motif and his doesn't?

   http://www.sonsothunder.com/LinuxSample.htm

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com