Quitting on a Mac

Thomas Speitel speitel at hawaii.edu
Mon Apr 23 23:30:57 EDT 2007

I have a shutdownrequest handler for a Mac System 10 application that
gives the user opportunity to save a field's contents before
quitting. I realized that the field disappears before it can be saved
so I put the following script in the menubar to capture the contents
into a variable that could be saved.

--menubar script
on mouseDown
   global datacontent
   get the htmltext of field "data" of cd 1
   put it into datacontent
end mouseDown

Everything works fine now if the user quits using a mouse and goes to
the quit menu item. What I don't know is how to intercept a command-
Q??? Any ideas?
Thanks
Tom