problems with grouped images

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 15:39:03 EDT 2007

On 4/23/07 12:55 AM, "Wilhelm Sanke" <sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de> wrote:
> Thanks for the response, Jim, but could it be that you missed the first
> part of my problem report preceding the "addendum"?
>
> If the image in question is smaller than the rect of its group there is
> no way to place it at the center of the group using "set the loc", but
> only with "move to the loc".
>
> Having stored the topleft of the image in a custom property or elsewhere
> (after it had been "moved" to the center) in the first place does not
> prevent that the image is moved to the topleft of the group when the
> imagedata are changed, nor is it possible in such a case to reset the
> image to its former "topleft" stored somewhere. Only using "move"
> enables you to set the loc of the image to the loc of the group.

Yes, I did miss the exact point you were making.
I have done a horz slider group that places thumbnails+ a gap on a row and
allows the scaling of them using a scrollbar object.  The first (leftmost)
object seems to usually be placed closer to the top of the group and the
rest of the img objects will be placed where I want them, but not always.

This is not critical, since I can do drag-drop-fly-over just fine for my
use.  I will probably get to the point of trying the
field-sized-to-the-group-rect workaround in the near future.

Good work on finding this :-)

Jim Ault
Las Vegas