Obtaining the size of a file

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Mon Apr 23 13:22:10 EDT 2007

>Thanks for the info.  I am just of the opinion that the file
>functions in rev could possibly be more economical - it's as easy as
>that.

By Economical, do you mean a command for every variation? The problem
with that is that the more definitions that are in the message path,
the slower Rev gets. If Rev made up a specific function for
everything, Rev might not perform as well, not to mention the
cross-platform sync, documentation and bug issues.

I quite like it that Rev gives us the 'primitives' sometimes with
these things where we might want to 'roll our own' and quite frankly,
I look forward to writing efficient functions and handlers to do what
I need with the data.

Once you get comfortable with Rev, you'll make up your own libraries
for what you need to do that stock Rev can't.
--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o