textHeight and textSize

Ferdinand fwvo at planet.nl
Sat Apr 21 07:20:07 EDT 2007

Thanks for your time and answer.

Setting the font works fine here. I try to be more specific with my
point:

I need the exact line height needed for the font and font size. So
the font fits exactly in the line.
For example:

For the font "Arial" with a size of 96 pts, the line height should be
110 pts to fit the font exactly.
But for the font "Zapfino" with a size of 96 pts it should be 324 pts.
And "Verdana" needs 117 pts to fit on a line. (with a font size of 96)

(i checked this on the texteditor on my Mac... )

It would be nice if there was a way to find this out and program it
within Revolution.
Otherwise I think I need to make a table with the font name and the
line height/font size ratio...

I hope I made my point clear this time, and I am sorry if it was not
before...

thanks again for your time.

Ferdinand.