Export as JPEG can produce a format unaccepted by other photo tools

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Apr 20 21:13:29 EDT 2007

Chipp Walters wrote:

> export is with JPEGquality at 100. You'll see the JPEG exported from
> Photoshop is much nicer than the export from Rev.

Indeed, I've confirmed this many times.
This is the one deficiency in Rev that is a blocker for using it as
a photo processing tool. I would love to build my own workbench
for taking digital images from camera and then back out again to
jpeg. But, given the degradation, it's not an option, ImageReady
(uses the PS engine) is still our mainstay there.

Would be great if it was ever solved... though
I don't think the low-quality export issue is even on the horizon for a fix.

Muse: The new bicubic quality upgrade for resizing inside Rev works though,
and really well, I wonder if that algorithm might be tied into the
Jpeg export and solve the quality issue?

Sivakatirswami
www.himalayanacademy.com