millisec test timings and screen refresh rate

Brian Yennie byennie at qldlearning.com
Thu Apr 19 22:36:11 EDT 2007

Keep in mind that this script doesn't show one way or another when
the image is actually visible to the user. In other words, does the
following script line always execute exactly when the image is
visible, or not, regardless of how long it took to display the image?

In any case, just to throw some more ideas out there - if time to
display IS an issue, there are several different ways to go about
showing an image which could potentially be compared:

## original method
show image x

## move onscreen
set the loc of image x to y

## undo/redo total transparency
set the blendLevel of image x to 0|100

## remove a graphic covering the image
hide grc "image_cover"

## set a button icon to an offscreen image
set the icon of btn "image_display" to the id of image "myImage"

Hope that spurs some ideas!