Graphics over QT

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Apr 19 12:40:17 EDT 2007

Kevin Brooks wrote:
> I'm writing an application that needed to display graphics over running
> Quicktime video.  I quickly discovered that the only way of doing this (that
> I could find) was to put the graphics on a substack that I opened as a
> palette.

If you're not using QT's controller, there's another way:

Just turn on the alwaysBuffer property of the player object.  That will
cause it to be rendered into the window's buffer rather than blitted
onto the screen directly by QT, which allows Rev to apply its normal
compositing to it.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation