::I wish we had a do ... repeat statement!!!

xavier.bury at clearstream.com xavier.bury at clearstream.com
Wed Apr 18 06:30:59 EDT 2007

Hi Dave,

The repeat statement you want is the same as

repeat
  do stuff
  if x < 0 then exit repeat
end repeat

or am I missing something obvious?

Regards,
---------------------=---------------------
Xavier

use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com wrote on 18/04/2007 12:02:26:

> Hi,
>
> I've just finished coding one of the most complicated multiple loops
> I've ever had to do! I must say that the amount of code that I had to
> write could have been cut down quite a lot if RunRev had a do <this>
> repeat while statement.
>
> In C the syntax is:
>
> while (x > 0)
>     {
>     do these statements
>     }
>
> Which in RunRev is roughly equivalent to:
>
> repeat while x > 0
>     do these statements
> end repeat
>
> But C also has this structure:
>
> do
>     {
>     do these statements
>     }
> while (x > 0)
>
> which AFAIK doesn't have a RunRev equivalent.
>
> Would be so nice to have something like:
>

> dorepeat
>
>     do these statements
>
> dorepeat while x > 0
>
> So whatever syntax works better!
>
> All the Best
> Dave

Clearstream Services S.A.
42 Avenue JF Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg
Société anonyme is organised with limited liability
in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg RC Luxembourg B 60911.

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents
of this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you
are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in
this e-mail are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender specifically states them to be the views of Clearstream
International or of any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.

Legally required information for business correspondence/
Gesetzliche Pflichtangaben fuer Geschaeftskorrespondenz:
http://deutsche-boerse.com/letterhead

END OF DISCLAIMER